This site one way that your Local 70713 Executive team is showing its commitment to serving and supporting our members. This site was created as a way to keep our members informed of Local events and activities, workplace and collective agreement issues, and provides links to important resources for those who may need them. You are encouraged to use the comment box feature at the end of each post to offer feedback or to ask any questions you may have.
- A mental health reminderA relapse, a sudden series of attacks, a string of awful days (or whatever your step back may be), does not decrease your value. Take your time, do some self-care, even if it’s just being proud that you got through another day. Reflect on the progress you’ve made. You are strong: One step back is […]
- That Side of DepressionWhy do people never talk about the part of depression when you just don’t want anything anymore? Everybody talks about when it hurts like hell, when you cry, when you cut, when you take drugs, when you break down. But no one ever talks about when you just lay down in your room, with a […]
- National Respect DayTodd Panas (President of the Union of Health and Environment Workers) recognized the challenges that the membership/workforce faces with regard to harassment and bullying in the workplace. Little progress was made in reducing toxicity and he chose to ‘raise the bar’ with a simple solution: respect in the workplace. Respectful interactions between managers and employees; Respect […]
- Membership in Good Standing – new online form/processPlease see the attachment: MIGS status – new online form – ENG Thank you
- Bullying in the workplaceHello Everyone, Please find attached information regarding a course on bullying in the workplace. I have also included a link to fall 2016 education schedule. http://psac-ncr.com/current-courses Thank you for sharing this information with your members. In solidarity, André and Nairra
- Fact Sheet: Anxiety DisordersEveryone experiences symptoms of anxiety, but they are generally occasional and short-lived, and do not cause problems. But when the cognitive, physical and behavioural symptoms of anxiety are persistent and severe, and anxiety causes distress in a person’s life to the point that it negatively affects his or her ability to work or study, socialize […]